Saturday 19 January 2008

Time I tried ColorNeg

Bratton Church from Combe Hill, Wiltshire, December 2007

After Colin Jago's positive experience, now Colin Griffiths has taken it up (along with large format photography). Looks like ColorNeg is something to try for colour negative scanning. I'm already getting good results for black and white with a scan as positive approach but colour is a little more resistant to simple workflow and I'm not entirely happy with the results from Silverfast AI in negative mode.
Even if the ultimate output will be monochrome (from colour film) a good colour conversion is needed to start with. It should help with my scanning of some of my old film, too, for which Silverfast doesn't have a profile anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.