Tuesday 15 January 2008

Reworking old material (revisited)

After Kjell Harald's comments on my earlier post, here (hopefully) is a better demonstration of the improvements in the workflow. These are 100% crops from an 18" print file (about a 2:1 enlargement of the original). I've also tweaked the images so that they more closely resemble on the screen what would be seen in the print.

Images close to print (original on left, new on right):


100% crops from various areas (original on left, new on right):





The second set of crops I think shows the difference most clearly - more subtle colour, tone & detail.

All of the extra detail is noticeable in a print even at reasonable viewing distances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.