Wednesday 9 January 2008

First copy of LensWork

Winter stubble, Wiltshire, December 2007
I am liking more and more the black and white versions for this series


I got my first print copy of LensWork magazine delivered today. This is issue 74, with Doug Stockdale's "Bad Trip - Sad Trip" portfolio in it. This was the final motivation for me to buy a subscription (I'd been considering for a while) - it's nice to see the development of a body of work like this over time and then to a final print.

I must say I am impressed with the quality of LensWork overall. It is a little smaller that I had imagined but is produced like a small photobook, a high quality one at that. Compared to other magazines, this is a really tactile experience.

On first inspection the images look great too - I'll be spending quite a lot of time poring over them in the coming days.

2 comments:

  1. Martin, thanks for the comment and link for my work! And again, another nice (black and white - the NEW comtemporary image style) image that is starting to give me a feel and sense for this area that you grew up. This is a somewhat 'moody' image for me and I like it just like it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging words. After my initial reservations about the photos I took over Christmas, I am finding more and more merit in them as I work through.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.