Saturday 13 October 2007

Too much of a rush

Last night, I was definitely rushing when i worked on the first image I posted: seeing it side-by-side with the others i realised it was not what I intended. So today I spent a bit more time and here is the result.

Middle Lake, Alberta, September 2007

I've realised that this cool, low saturation look is something I was producing early on with the digital stuff. it was a deliberate choice and reflected the way I wanted to present the world. I've been drifting further and further from it and been getting less results that I'm truly happy with. I'm going to have to overhaul my portfolio gallery (not quite yet, though) as a result.

Here's another one from the last Canada trip, with the new-old look. it also incorporates something else that I do, using selective saturation enhancement to highlight a given feature, which goes some way to mimicking the way the eye sees features in front as opposed to in the periphery.

Autumn colours of Kananaskis, Alberta, September 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.