Friday 12 October 2007

Defining my style

I was thinking to myself on the tram home the other night: what defines my photographic style? Do I, in fact, have one? I was coming to the conclusion that no, I did not and that much of my work recently was getting a bit "average Joe" - derivative snapshot stuff. maybe not, maybe so. I'm pretty certain it hasn't been distinctive.

Then Mike Johnston posted on the self same subject, which prompted me to look afresh at some of my recent stuff. I also thought back to some of the work I'd done last year that i really liked. So here are some of the results of that thinking, several presented together so hopefully my ideas can be seen running through the set.

Middle Lake, Alberta, September 2007



No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.