Tuesday 9 October 2007

Not as it first appeared

Age and discovery, Alberta, September 2007

For me, an interesting image.

Normally, I'm pretty sure of what I'm photographing, by which I mean the intention I wish to convey. This was one of those that was not quite the same.

Once in a while, I'll shoot something interesting and then find something else entirely the attracts me to the result. In this case it was the interesting geometric shapes that first drew me to take the picture but then it became about something else entirely.

As ever, the real attraction of the Rockies for me is the demonstration of powerful natural forces: the upthrow of the strata and the glacial erosion.

For me, the caption says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.