Friday 31 August 2007

Another colour dilemma


Dinosaur Valley, Alberta, Canada, August 2007

Another pair of images from the recent Calgary trip. This was what I was setting up for when I got the sunlight shot I posted before.

Both these images are good, to my eye, but show very different aspects of the particular landscape I was shooting. The stories they relate to me are about different timescales: the colour is all about geologic time and the formation of the strata over time. The monochrome is all about the shape of the landscape as formed by the action of river and weather.

2 intertwined stories that shape the landscape.

It may take some time before I decide on a favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.