Friday 18 April 2008

Source of projects

Reclaimed pipe, Northumberland, March 2008
this is one image that is going to a new series I'm developing


There have been a few posts around the web recently about the nature of series and inspiration, which ha me thinking about my own photographs and the few series I have embarked upon. Whence the inspiration?

I wonder if i get the ideas because i have already been shooting the subjects and my sub-conscious tells me there is a series in there. i have noticed with a new series I'm starting that this seems to be the case - I had the idea and then noticed that I'd already shot a few images that fit into the category.

there are other times I've deliberately come up with a fresh 9for me) idea. My "36 bicycles" from a while back is one such. My SoFoBoMo project (more of which later) is another. But these ideas also sprang out of potential images I had been seeing without a camera in my hand.

We (human beings) are good at spotting patterns around us. maybe we are constantly seeing connections which then come as the ideas for our artistic efforts

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.