Thursday 12 July 2007

That wasn't so good

On looking at the pictures I added to the last post, I realised that the web just isn't very good for pushing that kind of idea. The top image has a lot of detail in the final incarnation that just doesn't show here. Here is a crop to illustrate:


The rivets on the door are clearly visible (I hope) and there is more detail in the far landscape than the little picture can show. Oddly, though, the shot straight out of the camera is just as bad in reality as shown in the small view.

The web really is a frustrating place for photography - maybe that is why everyone is pushing for the wow-factor shots, anything remotely subtle just doesn't show up clearly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.