Sunday 2 November 2008

Finally good skies

The three cities, Berlin, October 2008

As I lamented earlier in the year, skies are a trouble for me. I got some excellent pointers at the Landscapist but it seems to demand effort. Or at least until now.

This shot, and the last few from Berlin have all come from the Lumix LX3 and quite frankly, the rendering of sky blows me a way. I'm not doing anything fancy to these shots, it is a camera that just seems to be able to produce great looking skies in fairly contrasty conditions straight out of the box. These are certainly better results from single frames than I ever managed to achieve with any other camera.

A note on the photograph. On the left is the Berliner Dom, the ruins to the right are from the East German Palast der Republik. The third "city" of the title is the newly rebuilt Berlin rising from the rubble of the effects of Communism and segregation.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, as they say, "If it isn't broke don't fix it"

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.