Saturday 15 November 2008

The learning curve

Snowy peaks, Ladakh, August 2008

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
-Socrates

Some of the things I've been reading recently, and participation in the print exchange, have made me realise just how much there is still to learn in photography. Just when you think you're getting better, you realise the bar is higher.

An analogy: learning is like climbing a mountain backwards. One is always fixed on how far one has come, not how far it is to the top. I've just turned around on the path, and while it may be quite a way down from here, it is even further to go upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.