Tuesday 22 May 2007

A mixed bag of a weekend

Just back from my weekend in the Lake District. Something of a mixed bag, both from the walking and photography perspective, all down to the weather.
Thursday - usual low cloud scenario, tops shrouded in mist but very low wind. Walking was a pleasure (I was the only one on the hill - Helvellyn - all day). Photographically, I was somewhat forced to think differently, which has actually led to some interesting results.
Friday & Saturday - 2 days of high winds, no chance of hitting the tops - just too dangerous. Heavy rain each morning. Then the clouds lifted and the rain abated for the afternoon and some photography was possible. Actually got one of the best views of Skiddaw it's possible to imagine.
Sunday - great weather, light winds and clear tops. Easily the best weather I've had this time of year. Got out the LF gear on Skiddaw so hopefully that was successful.

More on the images, thoughts on photography I had whilst out there and of course my tripod field report on the Gitzo 3540LS over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.