Tuesday 29 May 2007

Finding inspiration

Untitled, Derwent Water, Cumbria, May 2007

Last night I was reading through the LF Photo forums, when I came across a thread about competitions. In the thread one poster stated that he was going to be judging a competition on "Images of Water", stating fiercely that any sunsets shots had better be perfect.

The notion of water images did spark me to go look again at the photos I took around Derwent Water recently. The picture above is the original, these were the result of trying different things:




These are by no means perfect but formed a good exercise in finding interesting images from the original shots. Maybe it's because I already had in mind the idea of different cropping (as per previous post) but it occurred to me that this was a useful exercise in "seeing photographically" after the event - a way to examine the subject and content of what I actually shot to help me shoot better in the future.

Seems like this is one of the "photographic scales" I've been looking for.

It could also form the basis for an interesting project: images from unpromising beginnings. I'll think more on that and see what I can do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.