Monday 30 April 2007

Nature is the artist

Red leaves, The Hague, April 2007

As I'm primarily interested in landscape photography and natural subjects, these comments pertain to that aspect of photography.

It does seem to me that really it is nature creating the good stuff and it is the job of the photographer to find it, capture it and reveal it to others. Making the photo doesn't mean creating the art, to me, but revealing the art that Nature has created.


of course, documentary, architectural and other forms of photography have there own aesthetics and creative processes but the things that most interest me are the natural forms that are more complex, beautiful and pleasing to the eye than anything we might try and create ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.