Sunday 1 March 2009

Rangefinder goodness, price lunacy

So Epson have (re)released the RD-1 digital rangefinder. About time there was some choice. I quite like the idea of the retro controls, even the "film advance" lever. Sticking to 6MP (as long as they're good) is also a pretty good thing - I reckon most RF images are aimed at reasonable size prints anyway. so far, so good.

Then comes the price. Which is outrageous. This is a $500 body (thereabouts) with the sensor from a sub-$500 camera, going for $3000. With these specs, pretty much anything over $1000 looks too much to me. So, guess what, I won't be buying one any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.