Tuesday 23 September 2008

Batman: a turing point in the camera market?

Went to see the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight" last week Good movie, a little long and very, very psychologically dark. probably the best Batman yet, if you're a fan of the comic books.

But that's not the point here. One thing that jumped out at me was that, for the first time I can remember, Canon was the photo sponsor. Until now virtually all movie camera gear has been Nikon (save for the occasional period piece or Leica RF). Certainly holds for all the big-budget, product placement stuff. And now Canon are in their.

Does this relate in some way to the tonking they're getting in the pro market? For sure the Olympics were a big turn-up, first time I can remember significant Nikon gear on the touchlines. And advertising follows a need to sell. Perhaps Canon are feeling the pinch. Competition can only be good for us, the poor old consumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.