Saturday 13 December 2008

Lightroom tips: an introduction

Now that I've been using Adobe Lightroom for a while, I realised that there were quite a few things that I've needed to work out how to do. Apart from learning the new tools and what all the buttons do, there are a few features that seem to be either missing or undocumented.

I come at most software from the angle of asking myself "How do I do...?" and then trying to find out how to do it. I tend not to learn all the features and then work out how to put them into practice.

From this standpoint, I thought it would be useful to others to put together some posts with tips on things I've worked out how to do. These are often questions asked out in web-land without satisfactory answers. Certainly the things I'm going to write about I've not been able to find documented anywhere, including in books.

Each of the posts will start with the basic "how to" question I was asking myself and maybe reveal a few other aspects along the way. Each post will also refer to the Lightroom version and operating system platform. The latter is really related to file locations etc. If you read the posts and know the specifics for other OS, drop a comment which will make the posts more complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.